Monday, November 24, 2014

Final Post

The Ostracoda were the most abundant and active organism I found in my aquarium. Some of them were smaller than the ones I have seen before, which makes me believe that they are reproducing and the small ones are the babies. Every one of these Ostracoda were moving around and most of them were feeding on what seemed to be the leaves of the plants.  

The leaves of the insectivorous plant stuck out to me in this observation because they seemed to be everywhere and it was hard to find life around them.  

I searched all through the bottom of my aquarium and was unable to finf any dead organisms. This seems very strange to me when I consider how the life in my tank has been decreasingly active since my first observation. 

I was able to see the first Nematoda sp. since my first observation. It was small and moving a lot so I know that it was a young one.

Dr. McFarland and I were finally able to identify something we had been confused about since my second observation.  This species was a Notommata sp. (Josh 2014 fig. 10)



No comments:

Post a Comment