Monday, October 27, 2014

First Post

Dr. McFarland and I began by color coding my microaquarium according to my lab section and table.  We went down to the greenhouse and extracted water from an indoor and an outdoor water tank. We also pulled two plants from the outdoor water tank to place inside of my microaquarium.

Locations for the two plants:

Utricularia gibba L. Flowering plant. A
carnivorous plant. Original material from south shore of Spain Lake (N 35o55 12.35" W088o20' 47.00), Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co. and grown in water tanks outside of greenhouse at Hesler
Biology Building. The University of Tennessee. Knox Co. Knoxville TN.
10/12/2014

Amblestegium varium (Hedwig) Lindberg. Moss.
Collection from: Natural spring. at Carters Mill Park, Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. TN. Partial shade exposure. N36 01.168 W83 42.832. 10/12/2014

In my initial observations I noticed a lot of activity.  Some things I noticed were a multitude of nematodes that ranged in size.  There was also a large organism that was hidden behind the plants for most of the time, but seemed to be an insect larvae because it had toes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment